Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tom's Health Quest

Hello all, although we are all hoping that this will be a short term problem, it occurred to me that we are all really busy people in many time zones and it might be nice for all of you to be able to check in on Tom's progress in real time, without waiting for a phone call at 2 in the morning, because I am not the most clock conscious.

So here it is. I'll put up all the updates as I get them, and Tom will post whatever he feels like, and you can all post whatever you want Tom to see or share with everyone else. Its maybe a little easier than emails and certainly easier on our thumbs than texting.

So here's the deal of the moment. Tomorrow 11/17 Tom will do his at home prep which involves drinking nasty salty stuff and eating a lot of jello and chicken broth. Then he goes in Tuesday morning at 8:00 for 11:30 surgery. The doctor says he should be conversant around dinnertime. Of course, I'm not sure if that means our usual dinnertime which is like around 8, or normal American time at 6, or smart civilized people time of 5:30, but somewhere between 5:30 and 8 he should be aware. I'll post his room and number as soon as he gets one. He may not remember calls on Tuesday night, but I'm sure he'll welcome them any time.

His doctor is Dr. Silver, who was also his mother's doctor.

He'll be in the hospital 5-7 days and should be bored out of his mind by Wednesday supper time I think. (or, as Kalev texts, "adored out of my mind") Please feel free to call and visit.

So I guess that's it for now.

4 comments:

Christine said...

thanks Tiiu for including us in the circulation. If you get a chance when you post the room number, can you throw up the Hospital name and the phone number or address? I think you said Delaware County, but I can't remember.

Christine

Janku said...

I sincerely hope everything is and will be fine though I had no idea anything was wrong in the first place.

Our thoughts will definitely be with you all.

Love
Anu and family

jason said...

Thanks, Tiiu and our prayers are with you, Tom, for a speedy recovery.

Jason, Patricia and Isaac

Sandra Revesz said...

Tiiu, Tom and clan,
We are all with you, sending you good thoughts
and energy for the coming days. You will get through
this with some humor and patience. Yes, parts will be
challenging -- putting yourself first, giving time to
heal and regain strength. But you have a great team
and folks on your side professionally and personally.
Much love and extra energy to you all.
Godparents, godsister and brother, and clan
We send you Pacific and Mountain love to carry you through. Sandra -