Monday, November 24, 2008

Tentative Discharge.

Saw the good Dr. Silver this morning and he says Tom can go home tomorrow, he only has to accomplish one more rather critical thing. His pipes have been reconnected and the top part is working, he can drink without puking, he can chew and swallow, but he needs to make sure the whole system flows freely. So there's a very elegant way of letting the entire world know that Tom is eagerly awaiting his first intense potty experience. Nice. Kind of like having a newborn. Only now its on the Net.

Why the marching band, you may ask? It's not just because you can see half of the massive Strath Haven marching army (yes, that's Gusten on quints waving at us). Rather (or, additionally) It's because today, right now, as I typed this post I received the following text from Tom. "Good news! I had a bowl movement!!"

Nice. Typos and all. wonder where he put the bowl?

2 comments:

Christine said...

This deserves a comment, but I honestly can't think of what to say. Congratulations?

Tom's Health Quest said...

I just recognized that tentative discharge is the ultimate pooping pun for someone post-abdominal surgery. I'm stunned at my accidental wit..... and a little grossed out.